Like most things in life, membership isn’t free – but for our reasonable annual membership fee, you get a lot for your money.
Reasons to Join our Society
- Meet people with similar interests of family history and genealogy
- Attend monthly meetings featuring local and national presenters
- Receive assistance from our members on your family research
- Attend our free-to-members Training Sessions & Special Interest Groups (SIGs) held twice per month
- Share our library of resources including books and CDs
- Access to our archive of previously recorded presentations back to 2015, the DNA Boot Camp videos, and handouts in the Members Only section of our website
- Opportunity to serve as a volunteer, coach, or be a member of the Board of Directors
- Join us on exclusive WMGS field trips
One of our key ‘member benefits’ is access to the members-only page containing archived recordings of speakers from around the US: Judy G Russell, Maureen Taylor, Connie Fitzpatrick, Elissa Scalise Powell, Dr. Shelley Murphy, Nora Galvin, ‘DearMYRTLE’ a/k/a Pat Richley-Erickson, Russ Worthington, Melissa Barker, Jennifer Alford and our own Panel of Pros. The page also includes the handouts from most of those meetings and historical copies of ‘American Elm,’ the original WMGS newsletter publication. We will send you a welcome letter with the confidential password to access the Members Only section of our website.
Annual membership runs from September 1 – August 31 each year. New memberships received between July 1st through August 31st, will be for the next calendar year. Membership rates are currently:
• $30 for an individual membership
• $45 for a couple of the same household
• $15 for students
• $500 for Lifetime membership
(For the purpose of memberships, “couples” is defined as a person with their spouse or significant other living at the same address. “Student” is defined as anyone under the age of 22 currently attending school. “Lifetime” is defined as any one person taking a lifetime membership.)
Join/Renew Online: Simply click on the PayPal button and follow the on-screen directions. You do not need a PayPal account to use this PayPal feature. All you need is a debit or credit card. We will send you a separate email with instructions on accessing the Members Only section of our website.
Join/Renew by mail or in person at our monthly meeting: Click on the 2020 Membership Application link below to view, save, and print your application.
Payments along with the form should be sent to us at the address listed below.
Western Massachusetts Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 418
West Springfield, MA 01090 – 0418
New members must submit an application by mail or in person at a meeting, even if using PayPal, so we may have all the necessary information for our membership list.
If you would like to review our Constitution and By-Laws they can be read here.
View a list of our WMGS monthly speakers from 2014-2020: WMGS Speakers-Topics
Support Our Society
WMGS needs your support. Please consider making a donation. We are a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Click here to read more about how you can help.