- This event has passed.
WMGS Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Do you have boxes of old family photographs just sitting in your closet? Are they fading, yellowed, damaged, water stained, or do they have mold damage? The solution is to scan them and then restore them, turning them into digital files. Does the idea of tackling that project overwhelm you? Do you even know how or where to start?
At the August 7 WMGS monthly meeting, Dave Lapierre, WMGS Vice President and Website Coordinator, will do a presentation/demonstration on “Photo Scanning and Restoration”. If you were at Skills Night on June 5, you may have had a chance to watch some of the photo scanning features Dave was demonstrating.
He will be expanding his presentation from Skills Night to include information on:
- what file format to save scanned photos in
- what’s the difference between a JPG and a TIFF file, and which format should you use when
- the steps to take when tackling that box of photos
- software programs for photo editing & photo restoration (there is a difference), and
- the options available for saving/storing your scanned images